APIGO™ BIO are olefin-based thermoplastic bioplastics containing raw materials from renewable resources. These bioplastics guarantee the same physical-mechanical properties and processability as traditional fossil-based TPOs.
APIGO™ BIO materials include soft and rigid grades, special food contact approved grades and also have biocompatibility certification. APIGO™ BIO bioplastics offer significant environmental benefits by reducing the emissions of greenhouse gases (e.g. carbon dioxide) and saving fossil-based resources for future generations.
The main technical characteristics of APIGO™ BIO Bio-based TPO Compounds are:
- Rigid grades with hardness in the range of 40–70 ShD and flexural modulus range of 120–1300 MPa
- Soft grades with hardness in the range of 70–90 ShA and flexural modulus range of 20–40 MPa
- Medical grades with biocompatibility certification (ISO 10993, USP VI)
- Special grades approved for food contact (EU 10/2011, FDA)
- Good processability
- Resistance to low temperatures
- Environmental benefits measured with the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
They are used for applications in all common markets and provide good processability in injection molding, extrusion, hard-soft overmolding, extrusion blow-molding and film-blowing.