ALTUGLAS™ acrylic resins have an exceptional impact resistance combined with PMMA key properties, for a higher-quality look compared to any other available impact resistant material. They offer an impact resistance from 2 to 10 times superior than standard products, keeping outstanding optical performances (90 to 92% LT / 2% max haze), and PMMA weathering and ageing resistance.
These resins are available in an exclusive range of variations to match the desired flow, impact resistance and thermal resistance levels while also providing excellent UV resistance.
ALTUGLAS™ MI (Middle Impact) grades offer improved flexibility for easier processing (especially during demoulding and assembly steps) while maintaining high heat and scratch resistance. Suitable for both injection & co-extrusion processes.
- ALTUGLAS™ MI-4T and ALTUGLAS™ V052I:
- Medium impact resistance with the highest heat and scratch resistance of the Impact grades.
- ALTUGLAS™ MI-7T:
- Higher impact resistance. The leading material for coextrusion onto ABS substrate.
ALTUGLAS™ HFI (High Flow and Impact) grades offer superior flow and mould release properties for excellent processability and reduced cycle times, even for the most critical injection work. HFI materials offer outstanding impact resistance and flexibility.
- ALTUGLAS™ HFI-7:
- High impact resistance with very high flow and excellent processability.
- ALTUGLAS™ HFI-10:
- Very high impact resistance with high flow.
- ALTUGLAS™ HFI-15:
- Highest impact resistant grade, while maintaining good flow; ideal for 3-layer co-extrusion and sharp angle thermoforming.
ALTUGLAS™ DRT extrusion resin offers very high impact and heat resistance (100°C in Vicat B50).